- Scarborough Health Network Foundation & Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment have been named as the alleged mistress Emily Hillstrom.
- The affair is said to have developed during COVID-19 shutdowns and ended by mutual consent earlier this year.
- During his resignation news conference, Tory did not provide many details about the affair.
- Emily Hillstrom accompanied Tory on an EU mission in 2019 to London and Copenhagen, along with other city officials and representatives.
- Emily Hillstrom is 31 years old, while Tory is 68 and married.
Following the news of Toronto mayor John Tory’s resignation on Friday, rumors have been swirling online about his alleged affair with a staff member.
While Tory offered few details about the affair during a news conference, the media and public have been speculating about who the unnamed employee might be.
One name that has repeatedly emerged in these discussions is Emily Hillstrom, a former tour advisor for Tory and the daughter of a respected community leader.
Emily Hillstrom, who is now working as Associate Director, Campaign and Special Projects, for MLSE – Scarborough Health Network Foundation & Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment, traveled with Tory as part of his staff on an EU mission to London and Copenhagen in 2019.
According to reports, the affair is said to have developed during the COVID-19 shutdowns and ended by mutual consent earlier this year. The unnamed employee is said to be now working at another job. Tory, who is married and 68 years old, took over as mayor after Rob Ford. Hillstrom is 31 years old.
Tory was joined by his deputy chief of staff Courtney Glen, economic development official Mike Williams, and representatives from Tourism Toronto, Toronto Global, the Toronto Region Board of Trade, the World Trade Centre Toronto, and Exhibition Place on the EU mission.
On his way to Copenhagen, the mayor also conducted a two-day business mission in London, where he engaged with industry leaders from the financial services sector.
While Hillstrom has not yet commented on the rumors, the public’s interest in this story shows no signs of slowing down. As more details emerge, it remains to be seen what impact this scandal will have on Tory’s legacy and the political landscape of Toronto.