TikTok users are warning against a dangerous challenge called the “Hole in One Challenge” that resulted in a strange incident in Australia.
A fourteen-year-old boy from Australia had to have a golf ball removed from his intestine, which led to TikTok users spreading awareness about the challenge.
According to the report, the family of the unnamed boy was hesitant to allow the use of more invasive methods to remove the golf ball from his intestine.
As a result, the medical professionals had to resort to a non-surgical technique.
The method involved administering “volume laxatives,” which eventually led to the successful passing of the golf ball several hours later.
An attempt was made to retrieve the ball endoscopically with the administration of local anesthesia, but this method was unsuccessful.
Even though the medical professionals did not explain how it happened, a report published in a medical journal provides more details about the dangerous incident.
TikTok has a history of hosting questionable challenges and trends that could put users in serious danger, and this latest challenge is no exception.
In one of its recent videos, the “Hole in One Challenge” was first mentioned by the account @baldnewsnetwork.
@baldnewsnetwork #school #kids #challenge #tiktok #foryou ♬ Horror, suspense strange sound – DN.FACTORY
The TikTok creator can be heard advising teenagers and others to only try the challenge after explaining what it entails.
It is important to note that the phrase “Hole in One” is a golf term that refers to a player hitting the ball directly into the hole with one stroke.
Warnings against the challenge
TikTok users are taking responsibility and cautioning against participating in the “Hole in One Challenge.” They are urging their peers to refrain from promoting the challenge on the platform.
One user wrote, “That exit is not for experimentation. Why is this even a thing?”
Another user said, “No way I would even think about trying it. This is why I stay away from TikTok challenges.”
These warnings serve as a reminder of the potential dangers of participating in TikTok challenges.