With the widespread introduction of smart technology, it has now taken place in the HVAC industry, the smart window air conditioner is nowhere for the long run.
As the word ‘smart’ has progressively been associated with almost every type of technology we can lay our hands on from smartphones, smart televisions, smartwatches, smart fans, to smart bells, smart cars, and the list goes on.
Our top picks for Smart Window Air Conditioners
- Midea U Inverter
- LG Dual Inverter
- FRIGIDAIRE Smart Window AC
- GE Profile Energy Star 8
- Haier Smart Window AC
- Friedrich Smart Window AC
What is a Smart Window Air Conditioner?
The smart air conditioner is an air conditioner unit that connects to the other smart devices in your home to better control your home’s comfort level. It looks similar to standard room air conditioners.
Typically, the smart window air conditioner is mounted to windows or walls, instead of being centrally located in a home. Much like other smart home technology, a smart air conditioner can be programmed to cool on your terms. You can turn it on and off remotely.
The core requirement for a smart window air conditioner is the ability to connect to Wi-Fi. So, you can control your air conditioner remotely using your mobile device whether you are at home or not.
What makes Window Air Conditioner Smart? How does it work?
Smart window air conditioner typically doesn’t need a remote for functionality. It generates cold air that circulates throughout the rooms in your home when you give it the command using a Wi-Fi connection to your smartphone or device or by voice.
You can turn on a smart window air conditioner by using your smartphone, tablet, or any smart device. Some smart window air conditioner units can be connected to home assistants such as Alexa or Google for easy voice activation.
Reasons to buy Smart Window Air conditioner
Wondering why you should invest in a smart window air conditioner? Is it worth it? The smart window air conditioner comes with a number of benefits and features that give them an edge over conventional units.
Here are some distinct advantages that might give you reasons to invest in a smart window air conditioner.
- Smart Window Air conditioner is the perfect example of convenience with comfort by giving you control of your room’s temperature in the palm of your hands from literally anywhere.
- Smart Window Air conditioner units greatly help save energy without compromising on cooling, making it an excellent investment.
- Another benefit of a smart window air conditioner is that the app will keep track of your usage and, consequently, predict when a clean-up is required. So you are conveniently diagnosed with its error and periodically scheduled with maintenance checks before things get out of hand.
- Although smart window air conditioners come with a hefty initial price tag it is long term cost savings investment.
What makes a Smart Window Air Conditioner different from a conventional AC?
Along with a healthy list of benefits of smart window air conditioner comes short, but important. Here are key features of the best smart window air conditioner which make it different from the conventional air conditioner.
- The smart window air conditioner comes with a geolocation feature. This feature helps the user identify the geographic location of an object while giving it access to your smart AC can help it detect your exact location.
- It comes with smart weekly scheduling, cooling mode, fan speed, vane direction, it all can be scheduled.
- Smart window air conditioner offers a variety of other temperature modes than cooling and heating such as fan, dry, and eco.
- Unlike a conventional air conditioner, a smart window air conditioner provides you with a history of usage and statistic.
Features to consider in Smart Window Air Conditioner
When buying a smart window air conditioner, you must know all the features that will make your choice right. Also, our recommendation includes all of these features to make the most of your money.
- The cooling capacity of the smart window air conditioners should be greater amongst all. It has the ability to cover spaces of various sizes.
- Check the compatibility of the smart window air conditioner with a virtual assistant, this feature makes the smart air conditioner much easier to control.
- Look out for the structure and design of the smart window air conditioner, as it must look good but also blends seamlessly into space.
- Make sure the smart window air conditioner is noise-free because the quieter an air conditioner is, the better.
The best Smart Window Air conditioner to buy
Get your hands on the ultimate smart window air conditioner from our recommendations if you are looking for a simple way to cool a couple of rooms in your home. As well, have full control over the settings even when you aren’t home. Take a look and your favorite that pleases your needs.
Related Products for Home
Get this U-shaped Smart Inverter Window Air Conditioner that allows you to open or close your window while the unit is installed. It features an innovative design that makes its installation very easy.
It comes with the ability to close the window isolates the noise outside making it quiet. It also comes with a quick-snap bracket that can be installed in 3 simple steps
Its strong airflow allows you to feel the cold air up to 20 feet away along with the full DC inverter technology helps to rapidly cool the room.
This smart window ac features LG’s DUAL Inverter Compressor, 4 cooling/fan speeds, along with Smart ThinQ Technology and auto restart. It has an elegant design with durable and sturdy features.
It just doesn’t provide quality cooling performance but also helps you save 15% extra energy, all that to its dual inverter.
While it’s motor and compressor let it operates quietly. It is compatible with voice commands from both Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. It can also be controlled via LG’s SmartThinQ mobile app, allowing you to control the air conditioner’s settings while also keeping tabs on the exact temperature of the room it’s operating in.
This smart window ac is Wi-Fi ready connected with Frigidaire Smart App for mobile operation as well it is also compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant.
It has an especially sleek design, with a metal mesh grille and LEDs to show you the current temperature.
It also features a three-speed fan and an antibacterial mesh filter, and it comes with remote control. Its feature set also includes an auto-shut-off feature to save you energy along with a scheduling assistant and a sleep mode.
This ultra-quiet smart window ac delivers 43 dB of maximum comfort and minimum noise that can heat and cool a modest room up to 350 sq. ft. Its design isn’t as sleek but it’s reasonably priced than most of the air conditioners on the list.
It is also compatible with Alexa, Google Assistant, and IFTTT, making it one of the most connected. Plus, it also comes with a remote, has a three-speed cooling fan and it can be controlled through GE’s Appliances app in any smart phone.
This smart window ac is also compatible with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant voice commands, and also Apple Home Kit, allowing users to control it either by asking Siri, opening the Home app on any Apple gadget, or swiping down to open the control center on any Apple gadget.
Its features include dehumidifying capabilities, a control panel that comes with a built-in light as a reminder to clean its filter, as well a convenient eco mode. Its energy-saving mode turns off the fan and the compressor of the air conditioner when the room is sufficiently cool. It is ideal for medium sized room.
This smart window ac by Friedrich is integrated with WiFi control that is also compatible with Amazon Alexa, Friedrich Connect App, and Google Home. It features Quietmaster technology along with dual washable antimicrobial filtration.
It has a robust 20 gauge steel cabinet, with a 24-hour timer and EntryGuard anti-intrusion protection. It gives a noticeably quieter cooling and heating experience with its refined structure and sleek design.
It also features an advanced grouping program, which gives you control over multiple units that work independently or as a single system.
With the advancement of technology and constant innovation of new high-tech features, the smart window ac is here for the long run to give you ultimate ease in maintaining the perfect home temperature.
The smart window ac is more efficient than a conventional air conditioner that helps save energy but also lowers your bills along with your carbon footprint.
To maintain your home temperature making itself a great way with added smart features and intelligent modes, it has become easier to operate a smart window ac and customize the settings according to your preferences.